County Clerk - Marriage
- The license fee is $95.00. The cost is reduced to $35.00, if the couple completes a premarital preparation course from a qualified instructor and submits the Certificate of Completion form when applying for the license.
- Social Security card must be shown or proof of foreign status.
- Both the bride and groom must appear in the office to sign the permanent record book.
- There is no waiting period. The license must be used within 30 days from the date of issue.
- The State of Tennessee does not require a blood test.
- Both parties must be 18 years of age or older. A driver’s license or certified copy of birth certificate is required for identification.
- A license issued in Tipton County is valid throughout the United States.