U.S. Census Bureau Recruiting for 2020 Census Temporary Jobs in Tennessee.
The U.S. Census Bureau is ramping up for the 2020 Census and is recruiting for temporary jobs available in Tennessee.
By visiting USAjobs.gov applicants can apply for a range of positions, including Administrative Manager, Area Census Office Manager and Census Field Manager. Currently, we are recruiting in the Shelbyville area to be a part of the first Area Census Office in Tennessee. The Census Bureau offers flexible work hours, including daytime, evenings and weekends.
Available Area Census Office managerial opportunities:
- Administrative Managers (AM) are responsible for office administration activities and administrative support of all staff. AMs process applications for thousands of applicants and manage applicant interviews, selections, and job offers. Please visit: https://www.census.gov/about/census-careers/opportunities/positions/region-field/admin-manager/PHRO-AM-TN.html
- Area Census Office Managers (ACOM) leads the team of census managers assigned to a specific Area Census Office. ACOMs are responsible for successfully completing 2020 Census field and office operations within a budget, on schedule, and to standard. Please visit: https://www.census.gov/about/census-careers/opportunities/positions/region-field/acom/PHIRO-ACOM-TN.html
- Lead Census Field Managers (LCFM) manages field data collection activities and is responsible for training, supervising, and managing several hundred field staff. Please visit: https://www.census.gov/about/census-careers/opportunities/positions/region-field/lead-cfm/PHIRO-LCFM-TN.html
Additionally, the Census Bureau is recruiting thousands of additionally employees throughout the state of Tennessee. By visiting the 2020 Census Jobs applicants apply for a range of positions, including recruiting assistants, office operations supervisors, clerks, census field supervisors. The positions will be located across the state of Tennessee and have flexible work hours, including daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Recruiting assistantstravel throughout geographic areas to visit with community-based organizations, attend promotional events and conduct other recruiting activities. This position is a Work at Home position.
- Office operations supervisors assist in the management of office functions and day-to-day activities in one or more functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
- Clerks perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support various functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
- Census field supervisorsconduct fieldwork to support and conduct on-the-job training for census takers and/or to follow-up in situations where census takers have confronted issues, such as not gaining entry to restricted areas. This position is a Work at Home position.
- Census takerswork in the field. Some field positions require employees to work during the day to see addresses on buildings. Other field positions require interviewing the public, so employees must be available to work when people are usually at home, such as in the evening and on weekends. This position is a Work at Home position.
For more information about any of these employment opportunities interested applicants can call 1-855-JOB-2020. Applicants may also contact the Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.