Tipton County Emergency Communications District (E-911) Has an Immediate Opening for Assistant Director
TIPTON COUNTY EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIOINS DISTRICT(E-911) HAS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING AND IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
220 HIGHWAY 51N, SUITE 4 (BACK OF BUILDING)
COVINGTON, TN 38019
This position is an Exempt Employee Status
Tipton County E911 is a consolidated dispatch center for all of Tipton County and the Municipalities within. Our mission is to serve as a vital link between citizens and the emergency responders of Tipton County by providing emergency and non-emergency services in a prompt, courteous, and efficient manner. The Tipton County E911 provides this public service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
***All applications are subject to public disclosure***
SALARY: $43,680 - $45,760 Annually
ISSUE DATE: 01/22/2020
FINAL FILING DATE: 02/12/2020 12:00PM
The Tipton County Emergency Communications Assistant Director is responsible for assisting the Executive Director in staffing, supervision, direction, training, and administration of the consolidated E911 Communications Dispatch Center in Tipton County. The Assistant Director will work closely with Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS, Rescue, and Emergency Management personnel to ensure the highest quality of emergency services are provided to Tipton County. This position requires a high level of responsibility, flexibility, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, and maintain privacy and confidentiality in a 24hr/7-day operation. The salary for this position will be dependent upon experience and qualifications.
- Assist the Executive Director in directing personnel, planning, and organization of Emergency Communications Operations.
- Establishes, maintains, and ensures compliance of staff with the departments standard operating policies, procedures and regulations. Maintains training records on all employees.
- Assist the Executive Director in establishing and implementing operation goals, policies and budgets for the department
- Must be courteous in dealing with internal staff, external customers and vendors
- Subject to call out 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week / 365 days per year.
- Full Job description will be available upon interviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Center Degree in Emergency Communications or;
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License
- Five (5) years in performing public safety (Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS) dispatching duties, which include telephone, complaint-taking duties utilizing multi-position logs or computer-aided dispatch and Enhanced 911.
- Two (2) years in a supervisory position and management practices.
- Criminal Background Check will be required before Interviewing.
- Must have experience in performing public safety.
NOTE: All employees of Tipton County Emergency Communications District shall be residents of the State of Tennessee or become residents of the state within six (6) months of employment.
TIPTON COUNTY EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, AGE, SEX, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN OR HANDICAP STATUS.
***An incomplete application or missing required documents may result in disqualification***
*APPLICATIONS MAY BE PICKED UP AT THE ABOVE LOCATION OR DOWNLOADED HERE.