TCECD (E-911) Has An Immediate Opening for 911 Dispatcher
TIPTON COUNTY EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS DISTRICT (E-911) HAS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING AND IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
220 HIGHWAY 51 N, SUITE 4 (BACK OF BUILDING)
COVINGTON, TN 38019
OPEN DATE: TUESDAY DECEMBER 15TH, 2020
CLOSE DATE: UNTIL POSITIONS ARE FILLED
AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION, APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY, WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTATION INCLUDED. IF THE DOCUMENTATION IS UNAVAILABLE, A NOTATION MUST BE INCLUDED ON PAGE 16 OF THE APPLICATION. ANY INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS FOUND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.
Employment with Tipton County Emergency Communications District requires:
- A satisfactory check of references and background check
- Federal law requires the selected candidate must provide proof of identity and employment eligibility.
- All Tipton County Emergency Communications employees must receive their payroll check through direct deposit.
Work under the general supervision of an assigned supervisor in the Communications Center of the Tipton County Emergency Communications District. Operate computer based multi-key telephone instruments, Computer Aided Dispatch system, TTY telephone system for the deaf or hearing impaired, NCIC/TCIC/SOMS computer systems, computer-based radio consoles, paging, alarm, GPS and other systems to provide radio dispatch services to the citizens of Tipton County, Tennessee.
Employees of Tipton County Emergency Communications District must meet the requirements set forth by this agency and also additional requirements set forth in Tennessee Code Annotated 7-8-205:
- Be at least (18) years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be CPR Certified.
- Be a graduate of an accredited high school or possess a General Education Development (GED).
- Possess a valid Tennessee Driver’s License.
- Not have been convicted of, or plead guilty to, or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge, or to any violation of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor (including driving while intoxicated), or controlled substances.
- Not have been released or discharged under any other than honorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Have a good moral character as determined by a thorough investigation conducted by Tipton County Emergency Communications District.
- Have such person’s fingerprints on file with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations.
- Complete a six (6) month probationary period.
- Must type 35 wpm.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ANY SHIFTS OF DUTY AND WILL ROTATE SHIFTS IF NEEDED.
- Must pass pre-employment testing for emergency dispatchers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for efficient and effective operation of dispatch equipment effective and timely usage of resources, and ability to make quick, sound decisions.
- Receive, monitor and respond to all incoming emergencies, complaints and routine calls by telephone and radio.
- Make decisions and give dispatcher information to appropriate manpower by established protocols.
- Maintain proper operation and maintenance of radios and communication equipment.
- Develop and maintains records/logs of all calls and ensures established procedures are followed.
- Relay certain calls and information to supervisor and/or shift leader as established within protocols.
- Advise supervisor of problems with communications equipment and ensures constant working order.
- Maintain records and files under established guidelines.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely and have good diction.
- Ability to evaluate situations and to take appropriate action.
- Ability to extract pertinent information from emergency callers and transfer information to appropriate departments or dispatch necessary resources.
- Ability to comprehend communications theory training and demonstrate knowledge and/or education on the job.
- Ability to monitor and maintain a communication recording system.
- Basic knowledge of radio and telephone equipment.
- Ability to deal with the public, fellow employees and others with courtesy and tact.
- Ability to prepare reports and maintain records and files.
- Skilled in simultaneous listening and manual dexterity.
- Skilled in computer usage.