Public Safety Director Job Opening
Public Safety Director
The Director of Public Safety and Security is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all related functions of Tipton County Government and its programs by helping to develop, establish, and enforce safety and security policies, access control procedures, support risk management efforts, fire, safety, school security, and asset protection. The Director shall also be responsive as a regional public education agency liaison in support of specialized services to the larger community and the Tipton County School District.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and provide security education and awareness, conduct security briefings, and participate in the inspection and audit of safety and security operations.
- Evaluate site requests for security support and or supplies.
- Serve as the School Safety and Security Coordinator, to include communicating with the County School Board, County Legislative Body, as well as managing periodic reporting.
- Be available to assist law enforcement, EMA, fire protection, Public Works, and other first responding agencies.
- Represent the Tipton County School System as the liaison with Board of Education and law enforcement
- Review policies and procedures related to school safety and security to ensure compliance and implementation of best practices for County schools, programs, and school resource officers.
- Coordinate school safety and security assessments.
Deadline is July 23, 2021 by 5pm.