Tipton County Sheriff's Office Deputy Sheriff Opening
FULLTIME DEPUTY SHERIFF
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to: enforcement of the laws of the State of Tennessee, patrolling roadways, conducting investigations, responding to crime scenes, preserving evidence, lending assistance to citizens, crime prevention activities, written and oral reports, gathering data and making computer entries, serving criminal and civil warrants and other legal documents, testifying in court, protecting lives and property, participating in raids, road blocks, execution of search warrants, transporting prisoners, maintaining effective communication with supervisors, working closely with other agencies, and performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• Be a citizen of the United States
• Be at least 21 years of age or older
• Be a graduate of an accredited high school or possess equivalence (college credits in criminal justice and/or prior law enforcement experience helpful),
• Possess a valid Tennessee driver license,
• No felony or serious misdemeanor criminal record,
• Not have been released or discharged under any other than honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States,
• Successfully complete the required Civil Service written and oral examination, along with a background and security investigation, a drug screen, a physical agility test, and a polygraph examination, as required,
• Must be able to pass a physical examination by a physician licensed to practice in the State of Tennessee,
• Must be able to be certified by a Tennessee Licensed Health Care Provider qualified in the psychiatric or psychological field as being free from any disorder, as set forth in the current edition of the DSM that would, in the professional judgment of the examiner, impair the subject’s ability to perform any essential function of the job,
• Must successfully complete an approved basic law enforcement training program as set forth in the requirements of the Tennessee Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission within six months of employment
• Be available for various shifts of duty.
Applications may be obtained at the Tipton County Sheriff’s Office, 1801 South College Street, Covington, TN 38019, Monday through Friday, except holidays, from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM or by downloading a copy at https://www.tiptonco.com/document_center/TCSO_Employment_Application.pdf.
Application period for this position will open Monday, July 12 at 8 AM and will close Friday, 20 August, at 4 PM. No applications for this position will be accepted after this period.