Welcome to the Tipton County Future Land Use Plan – TiptonTogether
Thank you for visiting the Tipton County Future Land Plan website! We are excited to embark on this journey TOGETHER as we shape our county’s future built upon a foundation of community engagement.
Our Vision is to ensure Tipton County protects, reinforces, and enhances the values, quality of life and character of the community and its citizens in planning for growth supported by infrastructure and services.
The City of Covington has joined this planning effort to work collaboratively with Tipton County
on the Future Land Use Plan.
Explore our website to learn more about the project, meet the Steering Committee, review information from past events, and stay informed about upcoming events and opportunities to engage.
Let’s work TOGETHER to create a thriving Tipton County for generations to come!
We appreciate your support and engagement in shaping Tipton County Future Land Use Plan. Your voice matters as we work together to build a better future for our community.
Why Update the Future Land Use Plan Now?
Tipton County has a multitude of reasons to update its current land use plan in order to thrive within a rapidly evolving regional landscape. Investments in and beyond Tipton County present both opportunities and challenges for our community. Our community is growing, and with that growth comes the need to balance economic development, housing transportation, infrastructure, and environmental stewardship. The Tipton County Future Land Use Plan aims to address these diverse needs, ensuring that our county remains a vibrant and attractive place to live, work, learn, recreate, and relax. By engaging in a thoughtful and inclusive planning process, we can create a shared vision that preserves Tipton County’s unique character while embracing the opportunities of the future.
Tipton County Vision Statement & Guiding Principles
To ensure Tipton County protects, reinforces, and enhances the values, quality of life and character of the community and its citizens in planning for growth supported by infrastructure and services.
1. Develop growth strategies built upon a foundation of fiscal responsibility and community trust.
2. Ensure that development and investment respect, build upon, and enhance the unique character of Tipton County including its diverse communities, sensitive environmental features, scenic resources, and farmland.
3. Proactively plan for a balance of growth supported by infrastructure and services that improves and enhances the quality of life of citizens by expanding opportunities for transportation, mobility, jobs, business development, housing, education, recreation, and other community needs.
4. Provide guidance, regulations, and incentives that promote high-quality development with well-designed buildings, site improvements, streetscapes, landscaping, and open spaces.
5. Establish the foundation for continued planning excellence in the future including a process for informing and engaging the community.
City of Covington Vision Statement & Guiding Principles
To create a safe and inclusive City that builds upon its history, small-town charm, and sense of community where increased access to enhanced services and economic opportunities create diverse and engaging places grounded in a foundation of community collaboration, investments in infrastructure, and fiscal responsibility.
1. Promote high-quality growth characterized by small-town charm that enhances our historic assets and maintains fiscal responsibility and accountability.
2. Develop diverse places in the community to live, work, learn, recreate, and relax while providing opportunities for meaningful interaction for all residents.
3. Encourage infill development focused on corridors and gateways composed of a vibrant mix of uses that respects its context.
4. Provide guidance, regulations, and incentives that promote high-quality development of well-designed buildings, site improvements, streetscapes, landscaping, open spaces, and infrastructure investments.
5. Establish a strong foundation for continued planning excellence by coordination among local governments, prioritizing community engagement, and a transparent, flexible planning process.
Public Meetings & Events
04/05/22 Community Learning Session: Agenda
01/18/23 Tipton County Steering Committee Kick-Off Meeting: Agenda
02/08/23 Tipton County Steering Committee Meeting: Agenda | Video
03/07/23 Tipton County Steering Committee Meeting: Agenda | Video
03/10/23 City of Covington Steering Committee Kick-Off Meeting: Agenda
03/17/23 City of Covington Steering Committee Meeting: Agenda | Video
03/29/23 Tipton County Steering Committee Meeting: Agenda | Video
04/19/23 Stakeholder Visioning Session 1 & Public Engagement: Agenda
04/25/23 Stakeholder Visioning Session 2 & Public Engagement: Agenda
05/02/23 Stakeholder Visioning Session 3 & Public Open House: Agenda
05/31/23 Tipton County/Covington Steering Committee Meeting: Agenda | Video
06/28/23 Tipton County/Covington Steering Committee Meeting: Agenda | Video
08/31/23 Tipton County/Covington Steering Committee Meeting: Agenda | Powerpoint
09/27/23 Tipton County/Covington Steering Committee Meeting: Agenda | Video
10/18/23 Tipton County/Covington Steering Sub-Committee Mapping Session
10/24/23 Public Open House: Agenda
11/01/23 Tipton County/Covington Steering Committee Meeting: Agenda | DRAFT Future Land Use Plan | Place Type Board
12/06/23 Tipton County/Covington Steering Committee Meeting: Agenda | Video
TBD Tipton County/Covington Steering Committee Adoption Meeting: Agenda
SURVEY IS CLOSED. THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING!
Tipton County Base Maps
TiptonTogether Flyer (COLOR)
TiptonTogether Flyer (BW)
TiptonTogether Flyer with QR Code
City of Covington Base Maps
TiptonTogether Flyer for Covington (COLOR)
Future Land Use Map Place Types
Future Land Use Place Types Descriptions
Overall Future Land Use Plan Map
Tipton County Existing Land Use & Zoning
We extend our heartfelt gratitude to the individuals, organizations, and community members who have and will continue to contribute their time, expertise, and passion to the Tipton County Future Land Use Plan.
City of Covington Mayor
Tipton County Steering Committee
Carl M. Lewis
City of Covington Steering Committee
Sarah B. Carter
W. C. Robinson
C. H. Sullivan